Monday, April 25, 2011

My Thoughts about TLC's Extreme Couponing

I have watched all the episodes of TLC's new series "Extreme Couponing" and I have mixed feelings about it. First off, it should not be viewed as a 'how-to' coupon show. The people featured on these shows have been at this for a while and know how to work the system. In the real world, no one is allowed to make 18 individual transactions in one visit, or purchase sixty some mustards at one time. Every store I've been in sets limits and will not honor your coupons, which in my opinion is exactly how it should be.

However, as much as it rather disgusts me that the featured people are getting away with coupon abuse, I do enjoy the show in that it has given me some new ideas and tips. If not for the show, I would have not checked out the site Weusecoupons.com which is a great site! They also showed one shoppers coupon categories list in her coupon binder, which inspired me to redo my coupon binder to be better organized.

So in the words of one of my favorite sitcom themes: "You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both, and there you have the Facts of Life!"

No comments: